We offer expertise and product literature to customers who produce, handle, use, transport or dispose of Covestro products, including information on:
- General product safety
- Worker protection
- Toxicity and eco-toxicity
- Waste disposal
- Transportation regulations
- Industrial hygiene
- Environmental and regulatory compliance
Resources developed by our product safety specialists include:
Safety Data Sheets (SDS)
Our product safety experts author SDSs that comply with the regional and local regulations. We provide the following health and safety information:
- Product identification
- Hazardous components
- Hazard identification
- Emergency measures
- Personal protective equipment
- Physical and chemical properties
- Toxicological information
- Waste disposal information
- Shipping classification data
- Regulatory status for compliance with local, regional and international standards
Product safety labels
Our product safety experts also author product safety labels that comply with local, regional and international standards. These labels provide:
- Statements of hazard
- Precautionary measures
- First aid statements
- Spill measures
- UN transportation classification, if regulated
- Local emergency response number
- In some ASEAN countries, the local regulatory authorities have implemented GHS requirements.
On-site product safety assistance for selected Covestro products
Covestro can offer on-site assistance in the form of site visits to conduct health and safety presentations, plant walk-throughs and industrial hygiene advice. Product safety support services available to customers are listed below.
Safe handling seminar
Product specific safe handling presentations designed for educating employees about health, safety and environmental issues involving Covestro products.
Industrial hygiene evaluations
On-site plant walk-throughs aimed at providing hazard awareness, guidance and recommendations for safe handling practices for Covestro products.
Risk assessment consultation
Printed materials and consultation services available involving Covestro products subject to regulation.