Covestro distribution safety principles
- Covestro has developed, implemented, and is maintaining and monitoring training programs which will ensure that its employees are aware of and comply with the corporation's safe material handling and regulatory requirements.
- Covestro is committed to work with all parts of the distribution network (customers, carriers, freight forwarders, warehouses, shippers and vendors) to assist in their safe handling efforts for Covestro materials.
- Covestro works with logistics service providers to promote awareness of Covestro safety guidelines and conducts audits to assess each service provider's safety programs and compliance with Covestro requirements and industry regulations.
- Covestro provides feedback to service providers regarding non-conformance, assists in the development of improvement plans and then monitors plan implementation.
- Covestro selects packaging for its materials which meet all regulatory requirements. Further, Covestro will continually strive to use packages that provide containment of contents and, where possible, can be recycled, reused, or disposed of in an environmentally safe manner.
- Covestro maintains a corporate emergency response plan.
Distribution safety assistance for diisocyanates
Through its active membership in European Industrial Associations (ISOPA & CEFIC) Covestro supports industry initiatives and Best Practices, for example the "Walk the Talk" programs on the safe distribution and handling of speciftic diisocyanates. Please consult the contact section for links to ISOPA and CEFIC.
Emergency response consultation
A service that provides 24-hour emergency response assistance concerning Covestro products involved in incidents during transportation, storage or use is in place.