Covestro distribution safety principles
Each employee of Covestro and its agent(s) is responsible for the safe handling and offering of Covestro materials for distribution. It is the responsibility of all levels of management and supervision to assure that materials being handled and offered for distribution are done so in compliance with Covestro safety procedures.
- Covestro will develop, implement, maintain and monitor training programs which will ensure that its employees and logistics service providers are fully informed of the corporation's safe material handling and regulatory requirements.
- Covestro is committed to working with all parts of the distribution network (customers, carriers, freight forwarders, warehouses, shippers and vendors) to assist in their safe handling efforts for Covestro materials.
- Covestro works with logistics service providers to promote awareness of Covestro safety guidelines and conducts audits to assess each service provider's safety programs and compliance with Covestro requirements and industry regulations.
- Covestro provides feedback to service providers regarding non-conformance, assists in the development of improvement plans and then monitors plan implementation.
- Covestro selects packaging for its materials which meet all regulatory requirements. Further, Covestro will continually strive to use packages that provide containment of contents and, where possible, can be recycled, reused, or disposed of in an environmentally safe manner.
- Covestro maintains a corporate emergency response plan with procedures for receiving notification of, responding to, and handling of all emergencies resulting from accidental releases, fires, or exposures to any Covestro material. Covestro provides 24-hour response capabilities for the handling of such emergencies.
- Covestro has established and maintains an ER Mutual Aid System whose members are adequately equipped and trained to provide on-scene assistance for emergencies involving Covestro materials
On-site distribution safety assistance to customers for selected Covestro products
Covestro can offer on-site bulk delivery assistance to discuss hazard awareness and best practices for the unloading and storage of Covestro products. Distribution Safety support services are listed below.
Bulk assistance program
A comprehensive program designed to provide on-site consultation for new and existing customers to assist in evaluating material handling equipment and capabilities, preparation of first bulk delivery of materials, and awareness education of employees on the hazards associated with material handling processes.
Guidance and recommendations for equipment to safely receive Covestro isocyanates.
Emergency response consultation
A service that provides 24-hour emergency response assistance concerning Covestro products involved in incidents during transportation, storage or use.